Partnering with parents is hard.
And casting vision to parents is every harder.
One of the keys of successfully implementing the Orange strategy in your student ministry is getting your engaged parents on board. But how does a student pastor cast the Orange vision to parents?
Many XP3 leaders are asking this question especially since the fall is right around the corner.
Here’s a podcast by Terry Scalzitti titled Casting Orange Vision To Parents and learn great tools that will help inspire you as a student ministry lead to partner with parents.
Here are a few great points Terry makes on how cast vision to parents:
- You must know your parents before you cast Orange vision
- 4 types of parents (Aware, Involved, Invested and Engaged)
- Think steps, not programs. Every thing you do think about what next steps you can give parents
- Parents will be at different levels so do a lot of different ways to connect
- Think about parenting topics that will speak to unchurched parents
- Find simple ways to communicate what is Orange? Red = Home. Yellow = Church which makes Orange. Keep saying this over and over again
- Create repeated influences – which are intentional cues that remind parents of the Orange strategy
What are some great ways you have casted vision to parents?