What needs to be on your bucket list this summer? What movies should you see? What books should you read? And will Shef ever get as buff as Doug Fields? Find answers to these important questions and more on this week’s special bonus episode, as we talk about what’s on our youth leader summer bucket list.
Voices In This Episode
Books on our summer reading lists: (4:00)
- The Alchemist
- The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness
- The Hate U Give
- Ten Percent Happier
Movies on our watchlist this summer: (8:30)
Most binge-worthy podcasts to listen to this summer: (14:30)
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast
- Building a StoryBrand with Donald Miller
- Life After God
- The Road Back to You
- Sleeping At Last
- The Enneagram Project
- Often Ambitious
What do you dread about the summer? (21:00)
What are you most excited about for this summer? (23:00)
Shef, Crystal, and Ashley’s summer recommendations. (26:00)
- SodaPalooza RaceTrac gas station cups (and other similar promotions) make great youth ministry game prizes!
- Check out the most popular YouTube channels currently trending for middle school students HERE.
- Read some books or watch some movies from a culture you are not from.
- Sam Hunt is dropping a new album that you should check out.
That’s our summer over here at XP3. Let us know about your summer in the XP3 Partners Facebook group, and we’ll see you back here in August! (30:00)
Join the Conversation